Requesting and scheduling 1:1 meeting video calls
Timelines & Restrictions
- Send, receive and confirm 1:1 meetings requests from 18 April until 31 October 2023.
- Confirmed meetings are scheduled from 25 April until 31 October 2023.
How to initiate and schedule 1:1 meetings via Video Call?
We propose the following approach:
- Identify promising participants or projects via the Menu Participants or Marketplace.
- Use the Send message button to explore common interests and provide 2-3 date/time suggestions.
- A video call meeting can be scheduled by any of the 2 attendees via the Meet button at the previously agreed time. Meeting requests must be confirmed by the recipient.
- All confirmed meetings (video calls) are summarised in the Menu: Meetings
Virtual 1:1 Meetings | FAQ
How does the remote 1:1 networking work?
- 1:1 meetings are managed remotely via video calls (similar to Skype).
- The video conferencing is provided by the b2match platform – no need to install any software.
- All confirmed meetings display a Start Meeting button and date & time of the meeting.
- Once the time for the conversation has come, click the Start Meeting button
- What happens if your meeting partner doesn't show-up?
Go to the Message button and request to join the meeting.
If this should fail, please re-schedule the meeting to another suitable date/time.
What else to be considered?
- Use devices that have a webcam & microphone installed
A camera is recommended, but not essential.
- Keep an eye on 1:1 meeting timelines (Start/End)
Please start and end your meetings as indicated, to avoid delays.
- System requirements for virtual meetings
Installing the latest browser version is recommended, but not always necessary.
No software installation is needed - the meetings are integrated into the b2match platform.
In-depth advice needed?
Post your individual questions on our live support chat.
Login and click the blue "Live Support" chat button shown at the bottom/right corner.